We inform you about STUDIUM, a two-year formation course organized by the Dicastery for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, Vatican City.
Registration and information are available here: www.e-studium.org
MAGISTERIAL FORMATION, ON CANONICAL LAW AND PRACTICE OF CONSECRATED LIFE
Online course in Italian English Spanish
Heir to the historic Practical School, established since 1951 in the then Congregation for Religious, eStudium is an online Course that aims to offer a qualified formation experience in theology and law of consecrated life, building on the praxis and experience of the Dicastery for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life.
- Heads of services pertaining to the governance of Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life;
- Episcopal Vicars and/or Delegates for Consecrated Life;
- Heads of formation;
- Those responsible for formation programs in diocesan seminaries and international colleges;
- Priests charged with animation and accompaniment of consecrated life;
- Consecrated persons who wish to enhance their own ongoing education;
- those who have a research interest regarding ecclesial Magisterium, canon law and praxis relating to the forms of consecrated life in the Church.
The eStudium is divided into two complementary areas:
Canon Law and Praxis
It is a two-year course offered cyclically and consists of two Teaching Modules, with a single Final Diploma.
Classes are held every Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. according to the schedule shown in each year’s calendar. For the 2023/2024 academic year, classes will begin the first week of November and end in the first week of June.
Examination sessions will be in February, June and September.
The Diploma in Magisterium, Normative and Canonical Practice of Consecrated Life requires passing exams in the various subjects and the preparation of a final paper under the direction of a Lecturer.
The Course, offered exclusively in telematic mode, is in Italian with simultaneous translation into English and Spanish.
In addition to lectures and tutorials, there are hours of interactive teaching between lecturer and students for clarification or additional explanation.
Students will have access to and be able to download lecture materials and audio recordings of lectures in the language chosen at the time of registration.
Examinations are given in written form, oral form, or both.